A quick and gourmet recipe
Today, it’s fresh seaweed salad. It’s our fast and gourmet «Swiss knife» dish. In our respective families, when we are a little short of ideas, we draw this recipe. And in addition, our children like it!
All our fresh and dehydrated seaweeds are available for direct sale, contact us!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1/2 white cabbage or 350 g (12,3 Oz) quinoa (or rice, bulgur… as you wish)
- 100 g (3,5 Oz) fresh salted sea lettuce
- 100 g fresh salted Dulse
- 3 tablespoons of our Gourmet Mix (Sea Lettuce, Dulse, Nori dehydrated at low temperature)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or more!)
- 2 avocados
- Black sesame and chia seeds
- Whole shelled almonds
- Rice vinegar
- Olive Oil
1. Finely grate the cabbage and mix with 4 tbsp of the rice vinegar and set aside.
1. Rinse the quinoa then cook al dente, drain and set aside.
2. Desalinate the algae 2 times in fresh water, strain, thinly slice and set aside.
3. In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage (or quinoa), fresh seaweed and Mix Gourmet, then season: 5 turns of pepper mill, 4 tbsp cider vinegar, 10 tbsp olive oil, then adjust to salt (with care depending on the desalting as fresh seaweed keeps more or less salt, so taste your preparation!). Add 1 teaspoon of black sesame and chia seeds.
4. At this stage, depending on whatever you have in your pantry and your tastes, you can add chopped shallots, Espelette pepper…
5. Pour your preparation into a nice oval dish if possible, otherwise a salad bowl will do very well.
6. Cut the avocados and place them in quarters on the preparation, do the same with the apple. (That’s why the oval dish is better, because the avocados will remain pretty and will not all end up crushed…!)
7. Crush the almonds and sprinkle them over the dish. Add 1 tbsp of chia and black sesame seeds, a few drops of olive oil, 2 pinches of fleur de sel and 1 turn of the pepper mill.
Tip: this recipe is easily adaptable with what you have in your pantry : change the vegetables, opt for sweet and savory, etc.
We are preparing a lot of other recipes allowing seaweeds to become the stars of your plate ! And thus without spending hours in the kitchen because sometimes we just want to cook something else BUT enjoy eating as well! And from time to time we will also have holiday recipes! Of course!
If you have other tricks or variants, please feel free to comment on this post!
The BRETALG Team